The blade of this stunning Shobu Zukuri Raptor Katana is likened to the shape of an iris leaf, finding its origins in the Nanbokucho era. During this time of great conflict, katana blades became even longer and thicker than before. Crafted from carbon steel, the blade of this katana sword features a double pegged full tang, making it a functional katana. The blade collar is made of solid brass, while the tsuba is designed with intricate raptor engravings. The tsuka, or handle, is crafted from rayskin and wrapped in suede, accented by brass raptor feathers. A wooden scabbard finished in black lacquer is included. The Shobu Zukuri Raptor Katana is a great sword for weapon collectors and fans of historical Japanese culture.
- Crafted 5160 high carbon steel
- Modeled after blades from the Nanbokucho period
- Heat treated for high resilience and durability
- Full length and double pegged tang enhances strength
- Raptor designs and brass fittings offer aesthetic value
- Tsuka is crafted from genuine rayskin with suede wrapping
- Includes a protective scabbard
- Overall Length: 43 Inches
- Blade Length: 29 Inches
- Handle Length: 13 Inches
- Weight: 2 lb. 11 oz.