Our single-hand Marshall Sword sets new standards of quality and authenticity in broadsword construction. The sword is based on an original, now in a British museum, used by one of the finest knights of England, Sir William Marshall. He served the crown faithfully under Henry II, Richard the Lionheart, and Jack Lackland. The Marshall Sword is available with either a forged high-carbon steel blade (SH2000) or a forged and folded Swedish powder steel blade (SH2001). Both blades are identical in handling characteristics and both are tempered to a tough HRC 54. The blade section features a central ridged fuller and full-length distal taper. This is a tough test for the bladesmith but results in a superb combination of speed and strength. The grip is leather wrapped and laced and the guard and pommel are elegant in their functional simplicity. The scabbard is leather-covered with steel mounts. Truly a sword for the connoisseur.
- Features a fully functional sword
- Possesses excellent balance
- Authentic replica of museum piece
- High-carbon steel blade with HRC 54
- Made by Hanwei.
- Blade Length: 33.25 Inches
- Handle Length: 6.75 Inches
- Overall Length: 40 Inches
- Weight: 2 lbs. 2 oz.
- Point of Balance: 8 Inches
- Point of Harmonics: 23 Inches
- Width at Guard: 1.83 Inches
- Width at Tip: 0.91 Inch
- Thickness at Guard: 0.22 Inch
- Thickness at Tip: 0.22 Inch
- Specs will differ slightly from piece to piece.