While the Shapur Gambeson goes well with a variety of historical looks, its design bares an Eastern Asian influence. An outer layer of cotton canvas combined with wool-felt padding offers extra protection on the LARP battlefield. The oriental cut of the gambeson is emphasized by its mandarin collar and overlapping closure. Three sets of leather strings attached to round felt accents close the front, while cotton lacing adjusts the fit at the waist. The canvas layer enhances the durability, while the wool felt give it a slimmer, more comfortable fit when worn under plate armour.
This item is handmade, therefore, it may vary slightly from what is shown above.
- Cut inspired by Eastern Asia
- Fitted with tie strings in the front
- Fitted with lacing on either side of the waist
- Made of 100 percent cotton canvas
- Padding is a 50 percent wool-cotton felt
- Tie strings are leather