While the rapier was the dueling sword of the Renaissance, the basket hilt sword was used both by military and civilians. The Practical Basket Hilt Broadsword is chic, lightweight, and durable for your Renaissance themed reenactment. Crafted from 1566 high-carbon steel, this blade is hardened to enhance its functionality with a fuller that lightens the blade. The unsharpened edge and rounded tip make this a safe sword to use in stage combat. The basket hilt features an ornate design that also protects your hand, while a red fabric inlay adds a pop of color and keeps your hand from rubbing the steel. This sword comes with a matte black scabbard, offering a sleek touch that can be customized should you choose to do so. Thanks to its stylish look and strong construction, the Practical Basket Hilt Broadsword is the perfect sidearm for your Renaissance battle.
- High carbon steel blade is functional for stage combat
- Blade is hardened and tempered for durability
- Unsharpened and unpointed blade offers safe use
- Ornate basket hilt features a red fabric inlay
- Includes a matte black scabbard
- Overall Length: 38.125 Inches
- Blade Length: 31.75 Inches
- Handle Length: 6.5 Inches
- Weight: 3 lb. 8 oz.