Used by cavalry during the English Civil War, the name of the mortuary sword derived after the execution of the well loved King Charles I. This Mortuary Sword features a similar ornate design to those used in seventeenth century Europe. This broadsword is crafted from high carbon steel that is hardened and unsharpened so it is useful in stage combat. A deep fuller near the hilt helps to lighten the blade. The unique basket hilt of this sword is decorative and also functional in protecting your hand from the stroke of another sword. The handle is contoured for a comfortable grip as this sword flows swiftly through the air. A black scabbard with steel mountings comes with the sword that is designed to prevent corrosion of the blade. The Mortuary Sword will add historical authenticity to your seventeenth century reenactment, used by both military personnel and civilians alike.
- high carbon steel blade is functional for stage combat
- Blade is hardened, unsharpened, and unpointed
- Ornate mortuary hilt enhances authenticity
- Grip is contoured for comfort
- Includes a protective scabbard
- Overall Length: 37 Inches
- Blade Length: 30.5 Inches
- Weight: 2 lb.