Many a bloody-handed pirate of the 17th century clambered over the side of a gold laden galleon armed with a cutlass such as this. Known by many names – hanger, cuttoe, and short sabre by infantry, or cutlass by sailors – this was an exceedingly popular short weapon. The Pirate Cutlass has a grip that is padded with leather and wire wrapping making it easy to hold and use during sword fighting. The blade is made from a single piece of high carbon tempered steel.
- This is the Sword for all you Stunt and Theater Professionals!
- These Swords are Made for Reenactments and Stage Fighting
- They Feature a Full Tang and the Blade is Made from One Thick Piece of 1065 High-Carbon Steel
- Blades Have a Blunt Edge So They Are Suitable For Stage Fighting
- Pommel and Guard Are Made from Blackened Iron
- Grips are Padded, Covered with Leather and Wire Wrapped
- Extra hand protection from the guard
- Sheath Included
- Overall Length: 33 Inches
- Blade Length: 27 Inches
- Weight: 3.55 lbs.