One of the most popular items of clothing from the Middle Ages was the cowl. It was worn by farmers in their fields, peasants in the market, bards, and priests. The Medieval Gugel recreates the classic medieval cowl in authentic detail. This light cotton cowl sits comfortably on the shoulders and includes a hood to keep the head warm or safe from the sun. The tail of the hood is short, which prevents it from weighing the gugel down or getting in the way of head or body movement. The Medieval Gugel comes in black, brown, or grey, making it a versatile article of clothing that can complete the look of a great number of medieval or Renaissance ensembles.
- Inspired by the medieval cowl
- Fits comfortably on the shoulders
- Hood features a short tail
- Comes in black, brown, and grey
- Perfect for Renaissance fairs or other medieval reenactments
- Made from 100% cotton