During the Viking Age, the northern German town of Hedeby was a teeming trading hub. Archaeological excavations there recovered clothing from that era, one of which has been beautifully recreated in the Hedeby Viking Overdress. This sleeveless cotton overgarment fits loosely over the body like a frock, promoting comfort and flexibility. Its hem does not extend much farther than the knee, leaving the legs free to move about. Both sides of this garment feature lacework, which assists in wearing and removal of the dress and lends itself to adjustability. The Hedeby Viking Overdress comes in green, blue, brown, or saffron yellow, and it makes a perfect addition to any medieval ensemble, particularly those with a Scandinavian flare.
- Inspired by Viking womens clothing found at the archaeological dig in Hedeby
- Fits loosely over the body for comfort and flexibility
- Lacework along either side lends itself to adjustability
- Comes in green, blue, brown, and saffron yellow
- Perfect for Renaissance fairs and medieval reenactments
- Made of 100% cotton