The Practical Shinobi Ninja-to, whose construction patterns closely that of the Practical Katana, is a wonderful addition for those studying the Way of the Ninja. The blade is hand-forged from a high-carbon steel billet and is differentially hardened using a traditional claying method. All the fittings (koshirae) are finished in antiqued black iron. The ornate tsuba displays the kuji-kiri (energy-channeling hand positions) employed by the mystical ninja. The tsuka is wrapped in a synthetic ray skin (same), available in black (SH2268) or white (SH1071), and the tsuka-ito is in durable synthetic black leather. The saya has flat black finish with demon-head bindings for the black Japanese cotton sageo and an intricate kojiri. A sword no practitioner of Ninjutsu should be without.
Made by Hanwei.
- Hand-forged high-carbon steel
- Saya has flat black finish
- Ornate tsuba
- Blade Length: 22.75 Inches
- Handle Length: 10.25 Inches
- Overall Length: 34.5 Inches
- Weight: 1 lb. 14 oz.
- Point of Balance: 4.5 Inches
- Width at Guard: 1.13 Inches
- Width at Tip: 0.85 Inches
- Thickness at Guard: 0.27 Inches
- Thickness at Tip: 0.22 Inches
- Specs will vary slightly from piece to piece.