The Tiger Elite Katana has been re-designed from kissaki to kashira. Utilizing a hand forged and folded Performance Series katana blade and some of the finest fittings available, the Tiger is equally at home as a cutting blade or showpiece. The K120C powder steel blade is differentially hardened using the traditional claying method which produces a HRC60 edge and HRC40 back. This allows for superior edge holding and cutting ability while allowing the blade to absorb the shock of a blow. The hamon (temper line) and hada (folding pattern) are very prominent. The koshirae (fittings) are all made from blackened bronze and detailed in gold. The tsuba (guard) is made from blackened iron with a stalking tiger motif. The same is of the finest ray skin while the tsuka-ito (handle wrap) and sageo (scabbard cord) are made from top-quality Japanese cotton. The Tiger is supplied with a protective cloth bag and traditional maintenance kit.
Made by Hanwei.
- Hand forged and folded steel blade
- Traditional Construction
- Superior Quality
- Blade is made of high carbon steel
- Blade length: 29 Inches
- Handle length: 11 Inches
- Overall length: 41 Inches
- Weight: 2 lbs. 8 oz.
- Point of Balance: 5.5 Inches
- Width at Guard: 1.35 Inches
- Width at Tip: 1.03 Inches
- Thickness at Guard: 0.25 Inches
- Thickness at Tip: 0.16 Inches
- Sori: 0.75 Inches
- Specs will vary slightly from piece to piece.