Our Practical Katanas have always been at the forefront of providing economical yet functional swords to the martial arts community. These latest Practicals combine the blade geometries and profiles of the Performance Series with the affordability of our Practical fittings. The removable handle is tightly wrapped in the traditional style with imitation leather to provide a positive grip that will withstand years of kata practice.
These un-edged training blades provide for safe drawing for the beginning practitioner of the 450 year old art of Iaido. Forged from stainless steel the tempered blades are not only maintenance-free but more importantly provide the correct weight and balance needed for the rigors of repetitive drawing and sword motion practice. Each blade has a deeply cut groove (bo-hi) to provide audible feedback when swung properly.
Made by Hanwei.
- Perfect for training and katas
- Built for Martial Artists
- Made from quality steel
- Blade Length: 27 Inches
- Handle Length: 10 Inches
- Overall Length: 38 Inches
- Weight: 2 lbs.
- Point of Balance: 5.5 Inches
- Width at Guard: 1.27 Inches
- Width at Tip: .99 Inches
- Thickness at Guard: 0.25 Inches
- Thickness at Tip: 0.15 Inches
- Sori: 0.75 Inches
- Specs will vary slightly from piece to piece.