Before you venture forth on you next knightly errand, be sure you are properly protected by the right helmet. The Ottokar Steel Bascinet provides fantastic coverage with its adjustable full face plate and attached chainmail aventail. The rounded skull of this medieval style helmet is matched by its rounded face plate. Swing the hinged face plate upwards for visibility, or wear it down for protection. Narrow eye slits allow for sight, and round ventilation holes dot the lower portion. 4-in-1 chainmail attached to the bottom of the helmet protects the neck down to the shoulders. Ideal for medieval knight and armoured soldier characters, this helmet is well-suited to LARP and costume use. Be sure to wear a padded arming cap underneath the Ottokar Steel Bascinet for safety and comfort.
Please be aware that this armour is handmade, and it can be thicker than listed here. As such, it is intended mainly for costuming, light reenactment, and LARP.
- Based on knightly helmets of the High Middle Ages
- Helmet features rounded skull and face plate
- Attached 4-in-1 patterned chainmail aventail protects neck
- Faceplate has narrow eye slits and ventilation holes
- Faceplate can be adjusted via hinge at forehead
- Great for LARP or costume use
- Helmet made of 15 gauge steel
- One Size Fits Most Adults and Older Teens
- Circumference: 24 Inches
- Chainmail Ring Diameter: 0.4 Inch
Measurements are approximate.