Since you are a mighty and cunning knight, you know the importance of wearing armour in battle. You don the Milanese Leg Armour Upper Thighs. Made from 16-gauge steel, this medieval plate armour comes as a pair.
Based on a 15th century original, these pieces cover the thighs and knees. They attach to the legs with straps. At the top of each thigh, there is a leather plate with laces for attaching to other pieces of armour, not included. Then, the steel has a convex curve at the top of each thigh. There are overlapping plates that cover the rest of the thighs.
On the outside of the thigh portion, there are smaller hinged plates that wrap around to cover the backs of the thighs. Near the bottom are knee plates. They overlap other plates for greater mobility. There are fan-shaped plates to protect the outsides of the knees. The bottom edges of the thigh armour point downwards towards the wearers shins.
Wear this thigh armour with your armour ensemble. They are great for a historical reenactment. Also, they look wonderful at a faire or LARP event. The Milanese thigh armour matches the Milanese Suit of Armour (AB0063), sold separately.
- Comes as a pair
- Based on 15th century original
- Cutouts at ankles greater mobility
- Secures with straps
- Great for reenactments
- Made from 16 gauge mild steel
- Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour. When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil.
- Size range taken at attachment points
- Middle Thigh: 22-29 Inches
- Knee: 16-22 Inches
- Upper Shin: 16-20 Inches
- Knee To Thigh Length: 15 Inches
- Weight: 5 lbs. 12 oz. each piece
There are no reviews yet.