A variation of the classic spear design, winged spears improve the defense of the wielder and prevent the blade from penetrating too deep. The Man at Arms Wing Spear by Cold Steel is a battle-ready version of this magnificent medieval era weapon. What separates this spear style from others is the employment of two quillons just below the blade, historically useful for trapping the weapon of the enemy. These also act as a barrier that prevents too deep of thrusts, ensuring that the weapon can be withdrawn from the wound. The blade in this design is long, with each edge sharp and tapering into a fine point. An ash wood staff is attached to the head, providing the strength and durability this weapon needs to withstand the stress of battle. Expand your weapon wielding skills by training with the Man at Arms Wing Spear by Cold Steel.
This spear comes in two pieces and includes a detailed set of assembly instructions.
- Designed to emulate a medieval era spear
- Features winged tip spearhead
- Has short quillons below the blade
- Functional weapon for combat or collecting
- Head made of 1055 carbon steel
- Haft made of premium ash wood
- Overall Length: 89 Inches
- Head Length: 24 Inches
- Handle Length: 65 Inches
- Overall Weight: 82.1 Ounces
- Head Weight: 34.1 Ounces