Inspired by the iconic weapon of the samurai, the Japanese LARP Katana will help you bring swift devastation to the battlefield. The two-handed LARP sword has a single-edged blade shaped for both thrusts and strikes.
Ateliers Nemesis Athena LARP Construction:
This Japanese LARP sword is part of the Athena line from Ateliers Nemesis. Thermoforming fuses the closed cell foam of the blade together, making this Eastern inspired LARP weapon ultra safe and shred-resistant.
This sturdy foam blade surrounds a strong fiberglass core which is in turn reinforced with a high weave polyester similar to Kevlar for heightened safety. This means the LARP sword is both very safe and strong enough to parry blows.
A unique weighting system then gives this LARP sword a point of balance for natural maneuverability. You will feel just like you are wielding the real thing, simply made safe for LARP. Finally, a latex-free waterproof coating protects the LARP weapon, enhancing its durability.
True to its inspiration, the Japanese LARP katana has a single-edged blade with a subtle curve and a fuller near the spine. It ends in a tapered point. The tsuba, or guard, has a traditional oval shape with careful details throughout and an antiqued gold coloration.
Next, the handle looks just like a real Japanese sword with black wrapping around red faux ray skin. The kashira, or pommel cap, as well as the menuki (blade ornament underneath the handle wrapping) are in a matching antique gold.
The long blade and handle give this sword great reach on the field as well as quick maneuverability. Swing this two-handed Japanese LARP sword in battle to channel the honor and ritual of the samurai. Or forge your own path as a rogue ronin warrior.
Pairs Well With:
Bring this Japanese LARP sword with you wherever battle calls. Carry it in the matching Saber Blade LARP Sword Scabbard (AN-0040), specifically designed to carry this Athena LARP blade shape. Then be sure to have the Japanese LARP Tanto (AN-0033) as a companion off-hand LARP weapon for short range combat.
Made by Nemesis Workshops INC.
- Heightened durability and detail
- Weighted handle provides a realistic point of balance
- Soft, reinforced tip for safety
- Based on traditional samurai swords
- Perfect for Eastern inspired LARP settings
- Blade is made of a closed cell cross-linked EVA copolymer memory foam
- Has an interior fiberglass rod at its core with a complex weave polyester fiber reinforcement
- Wipe clean with a damp cloth and mild soapy water, then allow to dry. Use a silicone-based coating, like our 100 ml LARP Protection Gel Silicone (MCI-3722) to prevent premature wear. Do not store underneath heavy objects. Avoid excessive heat, cold, or prolonged exposure to the sun.