From medieval mercenaries to rugged swashbucklers, the Curved LARP Falchion Sword adds historical detail to all kinds of LARP kits. This latex-foam sword features a detailed hilt that makes it look like a weapon that has seen a battle or two before.
Hybrid LARP Construction:
Epic Armourys Hybrid LARP construction combines a soft EVA foam blade with a highly detailed handle made of polyurethane. First, the closed cell foam surrounds a sturdy yet flexible fiberglass core that is safe for LARP battle. Kevlar helps reinforce the tip, making this a stab-proof LARP fantasy weapon. Then, a latex coating over the blade helps protect this soft foam.
The polyurethane construction allows for a high level of detail in the handle. This also means the handle is relatively maintenance free and very durable. Enhance the immersion of your LARP experience and let that detail inspire your LARP characters kit.
The falchion LARP blade features a definite curve and a widening tip. The blade has a diamond cross section at the start, meaning it has a central ridge. This then tapers to one side towards the spine of the blade, creating what would be a wider cutting edge on a real sword towards the tip of the blade. This curved blade shape is great for chopping and slashing action on the LARP battlefield.
Next, the hilt follows with an antique copper colored fitting before the guard. Its quillons angle in an S-curve shape, one towards the blade while the other covers half of the grip.
Then, the one-handed grip has the look of aged, deep red-brown leather sectioned with lines of bright brass. It tapers more narrow the closer it gets to the pommel. This textured look not only grounds the sword with its historical detail, it also helps give it a more secure feel in the hand. Finally, the disk-shaped pommel echoes the guard with an antique, weathered copper color.
This one-handed LARP falchion is a very versatile foam weapon to have at your side, no matter your setting. Its historical style grounds its look, making it a great match for historical and fantasy settings alike. Whether you add it to your pirate LARP kit or wield it as a low fantasy medieval mercenary, this sword is ready to chop and slash at your next LARP event. Check out our selection of leather sword frogs for great ways to carry this sword at your side.
The Curved LARP Falchion Sword is approximately 39.4 inches in overall length. This measurement will vary as each LARP sword is handmade.
- A quality weapon for an affordable price
- Closed cell foam is durable and shred resistant
- A Kevlar tip protects the flexible core
- Durable and detailed handle adds to immersion
- Versatile weapon for medieval, military, and pirate characters
- Blade is made from closed cell foam
- Handle is made of polyurethane foam
- Core is made of fiberglass
- Finished with a latex coating
- Latex weapons require a certain degree of maintenance. Use our Maintenance Silicone (MCI-2000). We recommend that you use this silicone on a regular basis. It is an easy, spray on application, and it will keep the coating flexible, which will make the weapon last much longer. The maintenance silicone also protects the coating from drying out and helps the weapon resist general wear and tear from normal use.
- As this is a hybrid latex and polyurethane foam weapon, take care not to spray the Maintenance Silicone on the handle by first wrapping the handle in a plastic wrap.
- Store latex weapons flat or on the pommel, never on the tip, and in a cool, dry environment. Use a towel or sheet to protect the LARP weapon from adhering to plastic or rubber surfaces.
There are no reviews yet.