The Captain Charles Vane Pirate Shirt is a fascinating and very authentic looking pirate shirt. Our Captain Charles Vane Pirate shirt is made from thick and rich Viscose fabric with dropping shoulders for the perfect Renaissance look. The double ruffle in the front and on the sleeves adds grace and a charming look of a pirate. The eyelets and drawstring has been provided in front for easy adjustability making the pirate comfortable to wear. The Captain Charles Vane Pirate shirt will look great with Pirate outfits as well as Medieval and Renaissance outfits.
Charles Vane was raiding Spanish wrecks with Henry Jennings in 1716. Vane was next mentioned at New Providence Island in 1718. Woodes Rogers had arrived at New Providence Island in August, offering a pardon to all, but Vane having just taken a French merchantman the night before did not accept the pardon as he was not wanting to lose his plunder. Vane set his prize on fire and sent it toward Rogers fleet. When Rogers ships pulled back to escape the inferno, Vane escaped, sailing away in a brigantine with most of his booty. Vane was caught in a storm and wrecked his ship on a small island. Vane was recognized by a captain stopping at the island to re-provision his ship. Vane was taken to Jamaica, turned over to the authorities, and hanged in November.
- Great Piece For Any Pirate Outfit
- Made Of Quality Fabric
- Great For Medieval Re-enactments and Renaissance Fairs
- Authentic Pirate Details
- Comfortable and Adjustable
- Medium: Chest 40 Inches, Sleeve Length 26 Inches, Length 31 Inches
- Large: Chest 42 Inches, Sleeve Length 27 Inches, Length 31 Inches
- X-Large: Chest 44 Inches, Sleeve Length 28 Inches, Length 32 Inches
- XX-Large: Chest 46 Inches, Sleeve Length 29 Inches, Length 33 Inches
- XXXL: Chest 50 Inches, Sleeve Length 26 Inches, Length 33 Inches
There are no reviews yet.