The mercenary or routier of the medieval period was, in a nutshell, a soldier for hire by either side in the Hundred Years War. This 15th Century Mercenary Sword is a must have sword for reenactors or collectors of the medieval era. Crafted from high carbon spring steel, the blade of this sword features three fullers that help to lighten the blade overall. This sword also features a steel S curve guard and a steel scent stopper pommel. Leather wrapped hardwood creates the hilt of this sword, which is contoured for a comfortable grip. Included with this sword is a leather lined scabbard, which features suspension rings for easy carrying. No medieval weapons collection or reenactment would be complete without a 15th Century Mercenary Sword, ideal for lawless bands of pillagers and scoundrels.
- Crafted from high carbon steel
- Modeled after the swords of medieval mercenaries
- Features a steel S curved guard and scent stopper pommel
- Grip is crafted from leather wrapped hardwood
- Includes a protective scabbard
- Great for reenactment or stage combat
- Overall Length: 47 Inches
- Blade Length: 35.25 Inches
- Handle Length: 12 Inches
- Weight: 4 lb. 8 oz.