The Two Handed Norman Sword with Scabbard is a reimagined recreation of the traditional Norman sword. Often seen as only a one-handed weapon, this sword scales up the classic design in certain areas to create a truly deadly two-hander. This impressive sword is the iconic vision of a traditional two-handed medieval sword, featuring a broad, powerful blade, a straight guard, and a round pommel, all of which give this sword a classic cruciform design. The swords blade is forged entirely in dual hardened 5160 high carbon steel. The blade features a fuller down much of its length, which helps make the sword lighter and easier to wield. Like early era swords, it also features limited profile tapering leading to a broader point. The straight quillons of the guard provide a stable and classic defense, while the round wheel pommel is peened to the full-length tang, ensuring proper weight distribution and counterbalancing. The hilt has a wood grip wrapped in black leather, making the sword more comfortable to handle. This functional medieval weapon comes with a matching wooden scabbard wrapped in leather, perfect for stylishly securing the sword when it is not in use. Strong and sturdy, this Two Handed Norman Sword with Scabbard is a warriors weapon of impressive length and size that can deliver devastating blows with shocking ease all with strength enough to withstand the highest degree of punishment that sparring, training, and cutting might offer.
Please be aware that this sword is hand forged, and as such, its finish and its overall measurements can vary slightly from what is shown here. Also, be aware that this sword is made to be practical, tough, and hardy, and its finish, being hammered and hand forged, can sometimes feature marks from the forging process.
- A reimagined take on the classic Norman sword
- A fully functional and extremely hardy sword
- Steel is dual hardened to a Rockwell of 53
- Full-length, peened tang provides immense durability
- Hilt is wrapped in leather for a solid grip
- Includes a leather-wrapped wood scabbard
- Blade is hand forged from 5160 high carbon steel
- Wood grip and scabbard are wrapped in leather
- Total Length: 45.5 Inches
- Blade Length: 35.5 Inches
- Grip Length: 7.25 Inches
- Point of Balance: 6.5 Inches from Guard
- Blade Width (at base): 2 Inches
- Blade Thickness: 2.02 mm
- Weight: 3 lbs. 2 oz.