This Total Cleaning and Care Kit for Oak Barrels includes everything you need to clean and maintain your barrel. It includes a barrel cleaning kit, liqueur thickening formula, a spigot cleaning brush, barrel wax, and 20 Storing Tablets.
Barrel Cleaning Instructions:
- 1) Dissolve the Barrel-Kleen into 1 U.S. gallon of warm water. Fill the barrel with this cleaning solution and soak for 24 hours. Empty and rinse 3 times with hot water.
- 2) Dissolve the Neutralizing Acid into 1 gallon of warm water. Fill the barrel with this neutralizing solution and soak for 15 minutes. Empty and rinse the barrel 3 times with hot water.
- 3) To re-char the barrel interior, drain the barrel for 3 hours. Place a butane torch in the bung and spigot hole and re-char the inside.
- 4) When storing the barrel or prior to re-use, dissolve the 2 sterilizing tablets in 1 gallon of cool water. Fill the barrel with the solution. Swish around for a few minutes and rinse 3 times with hot water.
- To prevent the barrel from drying out and minimize the possibility of contamination, barrels should always be stored full with spirits or sterilizing solution.
Liqueur Thickening Formula:
- Thickens liqueurs and wines and reduces aging times. Our special formula is designed to make your homemade spirits have the mouthfeel and taste-texture of your well aged ports, liqueurs, and spirits.
- Directions: Dissolve 1 sachet into a 1 liter barrel of homemade liqueur or dessert wine. Allow one hour for the formula to blend with the liqueur before consuming.
Barrel Spigot Brush:
- Barrel spigots may collect sediment from your wines, beer, and spirits. This can add unwanted flavors to spirits poured through the spigot.
- To keep your spigot clean, remove the spigot from the barrel. Insert your spigot cleaning brush through the barrel spigot and twist it around a couple of turns. Remove the nozzle and do the same.
- For best results, use a storing tablet cleaning solution. This will insure that no soap residue will remain in the spigot.
- As no glue or nails are used when making our barrels, barrels may leak from the head or stave seams or even through the wood. This can happen with any barrel and is a normal part of the barrel aging process. To stop leaks, apply a small amount of Barrel Wax to the leaking area.
- Swish Barrel Storing Tablets are pre-measured doses of sulfites formulated to kill bacteria and inhibit the growth of wild yeast and microbes in the barrel.
- Sanitize your barrel with a Swish Barrel Cleaning Kit after 2 or 3 uses.
- To store or clean your barrel between uses, dissolve tablets in a glass of water. Pour into barrel and top off with water. Use 1 Tablet for 1-3 Liter Barrels, 2 Tablets for 5 Liter Barrels and 3 Tablets for 10 Liter Barrels. Empty and rinse barrel 3 times prior to use.
This item cannot be returned or exchanged.
- Everything you need to clean your barrel
- Can be used for all barrel sizes
- Great accessory for aging spirits
- A must have for oak barrel owners