Powerful, ruthless, and audacious, the Tenka Fubu Katana possesses all the elements that renowned military leader Oda Nobunaga was known for during his rule in medieval Japan. The design of this functional katana pays homage to him. His motto was The Nation Under One Sword. Most prominent on the guard is the kabuto of Oda Nobunaga. The pommel features the kabuto of his most bitter rival, Takeda Shingen. The collar bears a war fan and battle flag to commemorate his victory in 1560 at Dengakuhazama, where he raised his battle flags over the rise of a hill to fool Imagawas forces into thinking he was encamped there. In truth, he and a handful of his men circled around for a sneak attack which afterward changed the course of Japans history. Oda Nobunagas passion for warfare to bring about a unified Japan was only matched by his love for poetry and tea ceremony, which are memorialized by the silver handle ornaments. The red lacquered scabbard symbolizes the blood that was shed to achieve his ambitions and houses the T10 forged steel blade. The scabbard is adorned with a buffalo horn knob and cap as well as brown and gold cord, which unifies the piece to the brown handle wrap over white ray skin. The Tenka Fubu Katana is a must-have for collectors, one that is especially built well enough that Oda Nobunaga himself would be proud to carry it.
- Forged from T10 steel
- Displays brown wrap over white ray skin handle
- Decorated with kabuto motif guard and mountings
- Collar bears war fan and battle flag designs
- Comes with a red lacquered scabbard
- Scabbard adorned with buffalo horn knob and cap
- Scabbard embellished with brown and gold cord
- Traditional construction with exceptional attention to detail
- Great for swordsmen and collectors
- Overall Length: 41.75 Inches
- Blade Length: 28.5 Inches
- Handle Length: 12 Inches
- Weight: 2 lbs. 11 oz.
- Sori: 0.5 Inch
Specs may vary slightly from piece to piece.