If you are a warrior who wants protection first and looks second, then perhaps this Steel Barbuta Helmet is just what you are looking for. Modeled after the Italian barbute helmets of the Middle Ages, this helm is rather simple, yet strikingly effective. It was the Italians who first crafted the barbuta, and this recreation echoes the classic look of their historic designs. The helmet consists of full-metal protection for the head, including a subtle, small ridge along the top of the helm. This barbuta has a Y-shaped opening at the front that leaves the wearers face open, allowing for clear vision. This helmet is crafted entirely from steel. The interior of the helmet features a liner, both for comfort and for small adjustments to size. It is a full-size replica helmet that is fully wearable, and when worn, it will stand up rather well to the rigors and impacts experienced during the course of LARP combat and light reenactment. It is available in two sizes, either medium or large. It may not be the fanciest helmet a warrior can wear, but with the level of protection it provides, the trade-off of looks to function is one any warrior is sure to make.
Please be aware that these items are handmade. Slight deviations in pattern, color, and shape may occur.
- Features a traditional Italian barbute helmet
- Possesses a polished steel finish
- Reinforced with rolled edges and rivets
- Fitted with an adjustable buckle strap at the chin
- Perfect for LARP and other roleplay events
- Crafted from 19 gauge mild steel
- Fittings made of top-grain leather
- Care Instructions- Keep away from water. Clean with a metal polish and re-oil occasionally to properly maintain the armour. Use leather-care products for the fittings.
- To properly maintain your steel armour, always keep the metal pieces away from water and lightly oiled to prevent rusting. Occasionally clean the armour with metal polish and re-oil them. Leather care products must be used to maintain the leather fittings as well.