Historically, the chemise was worn against the skin for reasons of comfort, cleanliness, and style. Its role has not changed much, as the Split-Arm Chemise makes a wonderful addition to most medieval and Renaissance style garments. This chemise is a full-length garment that reaches from the shoulders down to the ankles, having an appearance similar to a long under-dress. Like all chemises, it is designed to be roomy and comfortable, making it a perfect layer to add to virtually any dress that needs a little more coverage or an extra layer for comfort or warmth during the colder seasons. This chemise has a drawstring neckline and half-length sleeves, which split open at the elbow to create long, dangling trails of fabric that help to give the chemise a flowing, billowy look. This chemise is made from 100 percent cotton and is machine washable. Rarely was something like the Split-Arm Chemise worn on its own, but instead it was worn with all manner of beautiful dresses, gowns, and ensembles. Even today, it makes a wonderful addition to many different looks and styles.
- Has a Drawstring Neckline
- Features Half-Length Sleeves with Long, Flowing Trails
- Can be Worn Under Medieval or Renaissance Dress or Gown
- A Beautiful Complement to Medieval and Renaissance Styles
- Made in the USA
- Made from 100 percent cotton fabric
- Chest: 51 Inches
- Length: 48.25 Inches
Measurements are approximate.
- One size fits all. Chemises are very roomy and comfortable. They are not meant to be tight.