Legends of King Arthur put him in the height of medieval fantasy, but historians agree that if he lived, it would have been much earlier. Thus, this Silver Siliqua of King Arthur is based on Roman and Gallic design, with just a touch of Arthurian lore. The coin is crafted in .900 fine silver and made in the denomination of one siliqua, a thin silver Roman coin. The obverse depicts Arthur wearing a spiked crown, ringed by the Latin phrase ARTORIUS DUX BELLORUM BRIT. The reverse depicts a winged female, symbolic of victory, with the words MONS BADONIS. This Silver Siliqua of King Arthur is struck, giving it an aged and historic look, while the content makes this fantasy coin a stellar collectible for any fan of Arthurian lore to own and enjoy.
The Latin on the obverse, ARTORIUS DUX BELLORUM BRIT translates as ARTHUR LEADER OF WAR IN BRITAIN. The Latin phrase on the reverse, MONS BADONIS, refers to the Battle at Badon Hill, what is considered to be Arthurs greatest victory.
Please note that because the coins are struck, they may vary, slightly, from what is shown above.
- Authentically struck, like the coins of old
- Made using fine .900 coin silver
- Medallic – coin features two distinctive sides
- Front features the crowned bust of Arthur with a Latin phrase
- Back features the image of winged victory
- A coin based on Roman currency and touched with fantasy style
- Diameter: 19mm
- Weight: about 2.3 grams