The Highlands come alive when you wear this full cut, floor length Scottish Plaid Skirt. Made of a soft, cotton blend plaid, this tartan skirt offers a flat front waistband with an elastic back for a sure fit for any Scottish event. After the defeat of the Jacobites at Culloden in 1746, the British government passed an Act of Proscription which banned, among other things, the wearing of tartan. The Act was repealed in 1785, but it was not until 1822, when King George IV made a visit to Scotland and demanded that all citizens should wear their clan tartan, that the tartan industry was reborn. This Scottish Plaid Skirt will suit you well at any Highland Games or Renaissance fair, as well as adding a touch of bonny style to any modern outfit.
- Perfect for Scottish, Regency, or theatrical events
- Floor length skirt in tartan plaid
- Elastic provides easy fit
- Extremely comfortable to wear
- Looks great with your own blouse, chemise, or bodice
- Made from cotton blend fabric