Inspired by historical examples of the medieval dagger, the Rosewood Rondel Dagger is a specialized weapon rather than a utility blade. The rondel dagger serves as a side arm for piercing chainmail or slipping through gaps in plate armor. The long, straight, triple-edge and hollow ground blade is incredibly stiff and terminates in a needle-sharp point. The steel blade is richly blued with hand-polished edges to finish the striking appearance. The handle of this functional dagger is turned and hand-carved from rosewood with brass pins for decoration and improved grip traction. The period-accurate double dish guard and pommel feature further embellishment with file work, providing excellent hand protection. The knight dagger comes with a hand-stitched leather sheath with a blued steel throat and chape that lets the design easily tie to a belt or baldric. This medieval blade is ideal for HEMA practitioners, historical re-enactors, and collectors.
- Fully functional
- Made with hollow ground blade bevels
- Features 3 sharp edges and needle point
- Dish guard and pommel offer hand protection
- Comes with leather sheath
- Ideal for thrusting and piercing
- Blade made of 1065 high carbon steel
- Handle is hand carved from rosewood
- Overall Length: 16.5 Inches
- Blade Length: 11.5 Inches
- Blade Thickness: 0.6 Inch
- Handle Length: 5 Inches
- Weight: 13.6 oz.
There are no reviews yet.