Most early versions of the Roman Gladius combined the ability to cut and stab in one handy weapon. The Roman Maintz Gladius Sword carries on that tradition. This 5160 high carbon steel blade features a full tang construction. The blade is flat in the center, along the length of the blade. Then, the blade enters the handle at a black, wooden handguard. The handguard has engraved lines. Next, the handle has a ribbed grip. Finally, the handle ends in a flared pommel. A highly polished steel spacer at the bottom of the pommel offers strength and durability. A wood scabbard, wrapped in black leather, is included. This sword is fantastic for historical reenactments and for display in your home.
- Fully functional
- Full tang construction
- Ribbed handle for greater grip
- Black pommel and hand guard
- Includes scabbard
- Great for reenactments and display
- Sword is made of 5160 high carbon steel and hardwood
- Scabbard is made of leather and wood
- For scabbard: Remove dirt with a hard brush, then gently clean with leather soap and a soft, damp cloth. Remove soap with a separate damp cloth, then use a dry cloth to wipe away remaining water. Let dry naturally. Condition with oil or polish, then wipe with a final cloth to remove excess residue.
- Blade Length: 21 Inches
- Handle Length: 8.25 Inches
- Overall Length: 29.25 Inches
- Balance Point: 2.5 Inches Below Hilt
- Weight: 2 Pounds 5 Ounces
Measurements are approximate.