Heading into Sherwood Forest or to the local market, you are sure to feel straight out of a story in the Brown Rolf the Plowman Medieval Leather Hat. No matter if you wish to become Robin Hood, one of his merry men, or a fantasy character of your own, it fits a variety of looks. Made from leather, this brown medieval peasant hat has a long, rounded top that angles towards one end. At the bottom, the hat has a folded back brim. The brim is taller at one end and forms a point at the other.
Wearing the tall brim to the back mimics the look of a stereotypical Robin Hood hat. Of course, this leather bycocket hat does not just work for Robin Hood but a wide variety of characters. From the 13th to the 16th century, the bycocket or chapeau a bec in French was worn by men and women. It was originally worn by nobles but spread to the merchant class. Many would decorate them with feathers, jewels, and other accessories.
Regardless of its historical wearers, this hats simplistic style is perfect for many peasants and less wealthier characters. It can also be added to fancier characters as well. Its design lends itself to a great deal of versatility in your medieval wardrobe. Thus, you can wear it to a medieval reenactment, LARP event, cosplay, and so much more. It is equally as useful in a theatrical production.
- Features a bycocket style
- Has a rounded top and angled brim
- Versatile design
- Works for many different characters
- Ideal for historical reenactments, faires, and more
- Made from leather
- Remove dirt with a hard brush, then gently clean with leather soap and a soft, damp cloth. Remove soap with a separate damp cloth, then use a dry cloth to wipe away remaining water. Let dry naturally. Condition with oil or polish, then wipe with a final cloth to remove excess residue.