Our Practical Katanas have always been at the forefront of providing economical yet functional swords to the martial arts community. These latest Practicals combine the blade geometries and profiles of the Performance Series with the affordability of our Practical fittings. The blades in the cutting styles are forged from 1566 steel and differentially hardened in the traditional way producing an edge hardness of HRC60 and spine hardness of HRC40. The removable handle is tightly wrapped in the traditional style with imitation leather to provide a positive grip that will withstand years of tameshigiri practice.
Designed strictly for competitive cutting, our XL Katana blades incorporate the geometry, strength, weight and profile needed for successful cuts on substantial targets. Featuring differential heat treatment and a narrow edge angle, these wide blades will reward good technique with clean cuts and feature excellent durability.
Made by Hanwei.
- High-Carbon Blade
- Built for Martial Artists
- An able and durable cutting katana
- Blade Length: 28 Inches
- Handle Length: 11 Inches
- Overall Length: 40 Inches
- Weight: 2 lbs. 11 oz.
- Point of Balance: 5 Inches
- Width at Guard: 1.43 Inches
- Width at Tip: 1.08 Inches
- Thickness at Guard: 0.26 Inches
- Thickness at Tip: 0.15 Inches
- Sori: 0.75 Inches
- Specs will vary slightly from piece to piece.