The Pompeii Gladius Roman Sword is based on the swords that once conquered most of the known world. This high carbon steel blade features a beautiful wooden handle and pommel and is modeled after actual historic artifacts. Used by the Roman Army for its practical efficiency, the gladius excelled in close combat situations. This finely crafted version has a turned ash and maple handle. The original weapons this one is based on were excavated from the ruins of Pompeii. A scabbard is included for convenient storage. Add authenticity to displays and reenactment events with this functional, historical sword.
- Designed after actual artifacts found at Pompeii
- Great for Roman reenacting and collecting
- Functional sword is ready for battle
- Includes matching scabbard
- Blade made of 1065 high carbon steel
- Handle made of turned ash and maple wood
- Overall Length: 28 Inches
- Blade Length: 19.5 Inches
- Blade Width: 2.13 Inches
- Blade Thickness: 0.17 Inch
- Grip Length: 3.44 Inches
- Point of Balance: 4.38 Inches
- Weight: 1 lb. 12 oz.