Axes were a very common weapon across Europe, especially with the Vikings. The Norse Field Axe with Sheath recreates that favorite medieval polearm. A sagwan wood haft attaches to the tempered carbon steel axe head through a single socket. The haft has a wrapped leather grip. This axe features a slightly flared, bearded axe blade. An included leather sheath is designed to cover only the unsharpened edge of the blade. The sheath secures to the blade at the bottom with leather ties. This Viking axe is ideal for historical reenactments and as part of a collection.
This item is handmade, therefore, it may vary slightly from what is shown above.
- Slightly flared, bearded blade
- Haft attached with a single socket
- Includes sheath to cover the unsharpened edge
- Secures with ties at the bottom
- Great for reenactments or display
- Handcrafted from carbon steel and sagwan wood
- Handle Length: 30 Inches
- Head Width: 9 Inches
- Blade Length: 9 Inches
- Sheath Width: 2 Inches
- Sheath Length: 11 Inches
- Weight: 46.9 Ounces
Measurements are approximate.