A spectacular replication of a Germanic hunting spear, the Man at Arms European Boar Spear by Cold Steel features the iconic styling of these weapons with its double-edged blade and two short quillons that separate the blade from the shaft. This blade is beautifully designed in the shape of a leaf, with each edge steeply tapering toward the fine pointed tip. The inclusion of the small, straight quillons is historically authentic as these were essential for the safety of the hunter, preventing the wounded boar from sliding up the staff and attacking them. Ash wood is used to craft the shaft, benefitting from its excellent natural durability. You can experience the historic hunting weapons used by Germanic tribes with the Man at Arms European Boar Spear by Cold Steel.
Please be aware that this product comes in two pieces and includes detailed assembly instructions.
- Designed to emulate Germanic hunting spear
- Features a leaf shaped blade with central ridge
- Small, straight quillons provide authenticity and protection
- Functional, high quality weapon for combat and display
- Head made of 1055 high carbon steel
- Haft made of premium ash wood
- Overall Length: 83 Inches
- Head Length: 18 Inches
- Handle Length: 65 Inches
- Overall Weight: 79.9 Ounces
- Head Weight: 31.9 Ounces