Face your fiercest foes with confidence and strength when you add the John Riveted Oiled Chainmail Hauberk to your heavy armour ensemble. This chainmail tunic is made of fully riveted steel rings woven together in a 4-in-1 pattern. A 4-in-1 pattern consists of four chainmail rings woven through another ring. The short sleeves of this hauberk fall two-thirds of the way down each arm, and the length hits at about mid-thigh on most wearers. Great for wearing with leather and steel armour as well as other chainmail armour pieces, this versatile hauberk adds authenticity and coverage to the outfits of medieval knights and fantasy warriors alike. This hauberk has not been treated with chemicals or galvanized with zinc, but comes coated in oil to guard against rusting. Regular oiling is required to maintain its quality. Wear it over a padded gambeson, as shown, for best safety and comfort, and add a belt to help distribute its weight. Ideal for LARP and costume use, the John Riveted Oiled Chainmail Hauberk is an impressive addition to any medieval or historically inspired look.
Please be aware that this armour is handmade, and it can be thicker than listed here. As such, it is intended mainly for costuming, light reenactment, and LARP.
- Hauberk features 2/3 length sleeves and mid-thigh length
- Features 9 mm inner diameter rings
- Rings are woven in a traditional 4-in-1 pattern
- Rings have been fully riveted for durability
- Wear over a padded gambeson for comfort and safety
- Great for LARP or costume use
- Made of 18 gauge mild steel
- This chainmail armour is pre-coated in oil before shipment
- Frequent oiling is necessary for maintenance
- Store by coating in machine oil
- Chest: 35.4-49.2 Inches
- Length: 33.5 Inches
Measurements are approximate.