A beautiful reproduction of the everyday sword of the samurai, the Gold Lion Katana comes in a significantly lighter design that makes it faster in the hand and more comfortable to wear all day when tucked into an Obi. The menuki of the functional katana bears the Japanese shisa, or lion dog, that acts as a guardian or protector. Measuring just under thirty inches, the blade of the Japanese sword is made from expertly hand-honed and polished Damascus steel with a hamaguri grind, a peaked iori-mune spine, and an undulating clay-tempered hamon. The black iron tsuba, fuchi, and kashira all display gleaming 24-karat gold leaf accents. The handle features white rayskin with a black silk cord wrap. This gorgeous oriental sword comes with a black lacquered scabbard. The samurai sword pairs well with the matching Gold Lion Wakizashi (07-88ABW).
- Made from Damascus steel
- Features lion dog motif
- Handle made in traditional style
- Ideal for collectors and warriors
- Comes with lacquered wood scabbard
- Blade made of Damascus steel
- Handle made of rayskin and wrapped in cord
- Accents made of 24-karat gold leaf
- Overall Length: 41.25 Inches
- Blade Length: 30 Inches
- Blade Thickness: 6 mm
- Handle Length: 11.25 Inches
- Weight: 28.7 oz.