Based on a 15th-century Italian design, the Fidelio Steel Barbute protects the head and sides of the face while still allowing for great ventilation and sight. This handcrafted steel helmet features rivets and a subtle skull ridge. This slight ridge along the top of the skull adds interest and strength to its structure. Known best by its T-shaped face opening, the barbute style helmet is sometimes compared to the classical Greek Corinthian helmet and has been the inspiration for various helmets from works of fantasy. This Italian-inspired barbute helmet sports a rounded T-shape. Perfect for many medieval and Renaissance-based characters, this steel helm is suitable for LARP and costume use. We recommend wearing a padded arming cap underneath this helmet for safety and comfort.
Please be aware that this armour is handmade, and it can be thicker than listed here. As such, it is intended mainly for costuming, light reenactment, and LARP.
- Based on early Italian Renaissance helmet style
- Riveting decorates crown of helmet
- T-shaped face opening allows for unimpaired breathing and sight
- Slight ridge along cap strengthens helmet structure
- Great for LARP or costume use
- Made of 18 gauge steel
- One Size Fits Most Adults and Older Teens
- Circumference: 25.6 Inches
Measurements are approximate.