Based on both historical and fantasy concepts, this Fantasy Scimitar with Scabbard showcases not only a pleasing visual aesthetic but also embodies the extremely destructive cutting strength for which curved scimitars were so well known. The curved edge, two handed grip, and overall size of this scimitar make it a lethal instrument, against both unarmoured and armoured foes. The hardy blade is dual hardened and hand forged entirely of 5160 high carbon steel, giving it solidity and strength. This ensures that the blade will not soon fail under pressure or use. The distinctive curve lends style to the design and ensures that the sword makes for a great all-around cutter. The guard consists of a diamond-shaped heptagon, while the grip is crafted from wood and wrapped in leather to provide a secure and comfortable hold. The sword also features a bold, large, round pommel for counterbalancing the blade, as well as a full-length tang that is hot peened to the pommel for superior durability. Included with the sword is a matching wood scabbard that is wrapped in black leather and tipped with a steel chape. And best of all, this Fantasy Scimitar with Scabbard handles extremely well, making it a formidable weapon with cutting power, speed, and impact, as well as a look worthy of both wielding and displaying. No sword belt is included, so you are free to carry it or attach it to your person however best works for you.
Please be aware that this sword is hand forged, and as such, its finish and its overall measurements can vary slightly from what is shown here. Also, be aware that this sword is made to be practical, tough, and hardy, and its finish, being hammered and hand forged, can sometimes feature marks from the forging process.
- A lethal scimitar based on historic and fantasy designs
- A fully functional and extremely hardy sword
- Steel blade is dual hardened to a Rockwell of 53
- Full-length, peened tang provides immense durability
- Hilt is wrapped in leather for a solid grip
- Includes a leather-wrapped wood scabbard
- Blade is hand forged from 5160 high carbon steel
- Grip and wood scabbard are wrapped in leather
- Total Length: 43 Inches
- Blade Length: 34 Inches
- Grip Length: 7 Inches
- Point of Balance: 6.125 Inches from Guard
- Blade Width (at base): 1.75 Inches
- Weight: 3 lbs. 11 oz.