A favorite way to wear a sword since biblical times, the use of the baldric continued even into the 17th century. While much of the weight of the sword rested on the hip, the shoulder strap provided extra support from the opposite side of the body. This adds balance and comfort. Assyrians, Romans and Vikings are all shown in contemporary art wearing baldrics. This European Baldric can be worn with any sword we sell and fits any period. You can order the frog in 3 different options; left open so you can stitch it closed to fit the sword of your choice (you have to provide the stitching), with punched holes and laces so you can lace it to fit your sword (comes with two rows of pre-punched holes that are an inch apart so you can lace up any size scabbard) or with strap and buckle closure (simply enclose your scabbard in the frog and secure the straps and buckles around it). Choose between a silver or brass buckle. This baldric is 3 inches wide and made from 7/8 oz. leather.
- A great way to suspend your sword
- Frog can accommodate any size sword
- Top quality leather construction
- Left Open: You can stitch it closed to fit the sword of your choice (you have to provide the stitching).
- Punched Holes with Lace: You can lace it to fit your sword (comes with two rows of pre-punched holes that are an inch apart so you can lace up any size scabbard).
- Strap and Buckle closure: Simply enclose your scabbard in the frog and secure the straps and buckles around it. This is the most popular method.
- Small: 40-49 Inches
- Standard: 48-57 Inches
- X-Large: 56-65 Inches
- How to Measure: Measure from your left hip up to your right shoulder and then down your back, back to your left hip (left handed: measure from your right hip). If you plan on wearing the baldric over a gambeson or armour, be sure to measure while you are wearing the additional items.