As a mighty shieldmaiden, you stand ready to defend your clan and kingdom. The Ashen Epic Shieldmaiden Tassets protect your thighs from attack. Made from 8-9-ounce leather, these black Valkyrie tassets come as a pair.
Each tasset has two adjustable loops for sliding it onto a belt or for hanging it from the Epic Shieldmaiden Cuirass (RT-524). Also, each tasset features a two-piece design. Embossed knotwork adorns both pieces of each tasset with ashen-grey highlighting.
The top piece has two straight sides that angle slightly outwards. Its top edge is straight, while its bottom forms a soft point in the middle. The bottom section mimics this shape. Rivets secure the Viking armour pieces together and to the loops at the top. Wear the shieldmaiden tassets to your next LARP battle, cosplay convention, or stage production. They truly suit a fierce warrior maiden.
Shieldmaidens and Valkyries
The mythical idea of the shieldmaiden, or female warrior, may have given rise to the idea of the Valkyrie, often known as a beautiful warrior woman who brings the souls of fallen warriors into Valhalla. They feature in various places in the Eddas and sagas.
One of the most famous Valkyries was Brunhild, renamed as such in Wagners Ring Cycle opera. Historical evidence for the existence of shieldmaidens is minimal.
As this item is made from natural materials, its appearance may vary slightly from what is shown.
- Sold as a pair
- Has a double plate design
- Features embossed knotwork detailing
- Designed for hanging from a belt, not included
- Great for LARPing and cosplaying
- Made from 8-9 ounce leather
- Remove dirt with a hard brush, then gently clean with leather soap and a soft, damp cloth. Remove soap with a separate damp cloth, then use a dry cloth to wipe away remaining water. Let dry naturally. Condition with oil or polish, then wipe with a final cloth to remove excess residue.