Warrior, take heart and take on the enemy with bravery and courage. You do not fear attacks to your shins when you wear the Ashen Epic Shieldmaiden Greaves. Made from 8-9 ounce leather, these black Valkyrie greaves come as a pair. This Viking armour secures to the legs with straps.
Each greave has a curved top edge. The sides of the greaves are straight halfway down and then form concave curves. This curvature helps with conforming to the shape of the wearers legs. The bottom edges have curved cutouts for greater mobility at the ankles.
Also, each greave has a center section with embossed knotwork. It is an additional piece of leather on top of the main base. Rivets secure this center plate to the main base. A dark grey, ashen finish adorns the knotwork.
On the inside of each greave, there is a small metal plate near the ankle. Add these greaves to your Viking costume or warrior look. They are ideal for any LARP event or cosplay outfit. The greaves truly suit a fierce warrior maiden.
Shieldmaidens and Valkyries
The mythical idea of the shieldmaiden, or female warrior, may have given rise to the idea of the Valkyrie, often known as a beautiful warrior woman who brings the souls of fallen warriors into Valhalla. They feature in various places in the Eddas and sagas.
One of the most famous Valkyries was Brunhild, renamed as such in Wagners Ring Cycle opera. Historical evidence for the existence of shieldmaidens is minimal.
As this item is made from natural materials, its appearance may vary slightly from what is shown.
- Sold as a pair
- Secures with straps
- Features an embossed design with ashen highlighting
- Great for Viking characters
- Wonderful for LARPing and cosplaying
- Made from 9-10-ounce leather
- Remove dirt with a hard brush, then gently clean with leather soap and a soft, damp cloth. Remove soap with a separate damp cloth, then use a dry cloth to wipe away remaining water. Let dry naturally. Condition with oil or polish, then wipe with a final cloth to remove excess residue.