With its graceful, artistic lines, the rapier has always been a romantic symbol of the Renaissance. The reality is that the rapier is a very deadly hand-to-hand combat weapon, perfectly suited for the swift moves of the duelists of the day. Many hilt forms were tried early on like this three ringed swept hilt. The handle is bone, inlaid with a twisted wire wrapping, making for a very secure grip. Because bone is a natural product, the sword grip may have slight variations from the photos shown, giving each handle a unique finish. This is a light, fast and deadly sword with a classical design. It includes a leather scabbard with steel locket and chape.
Made by Windlass Steelcrafts.
- A functional sword – battle ready
- Based on a historically authentic design
- Great for Reenacting and Collecting
- Blade is made of 1065 high carbon steel
- Steel pommel and guard
- Bone grip inlaid with wire
- Leather scabbard with steel accents