Based on the emperors sword, Joyeuse, the Charlemagne Sword with Scabbard and Belt is a wonderful sword to wield in battle against the enemy. Forged from 5160 high carbon steel, this sharpened sword has a durable, double-edged blade. You can choose between a sharpened blade and an unsharpened blade. Also, the blade has a higher Rockwell hardness rating at the edges than at its core. A fuller runs down the length of the blade, lightening it. In addition, the Darksword Armoury logo adorns the blade near the hilt.
Next, the sword continues with a cruciform crossguard. Each arm of the bronze crossguard features a stylized griffin. The center of the crossguard has a fleur-de-lis style design. Then, the hilt has a gently tapered grip. It tapers inward towards the pommel. Also, it features a raised lattice texture. This hilt ends with an ornately detailed, fan-shaped pommel. Finally, this sword comes with a wooden scabbard and interlaced sword belt. Brown leather wraps around the scabbard. This functional sword makes a great addition to any armoury or weapon collection. Bring the sword to your next historical reenactment.
Please be aware that this sword is hand forged, and as such, its finish and its overall measurements can vary slightly from what is shown here. Also, be aware that this sword is made to be practical, tough, and hardy, and its finish, being hammered and hand forged, can sometimes feature marks from the forging process.
- Available in sharpened or unsharpened blade options
- Features a double-edged blade with a fuller
- Has an ornately detailed crossguard and pommel
- Comes with a scabbard
- Fully functional
- Great for reenactments or collections
- Made from 5160 high carbon steel
- Fittings are bronze
- Scabbard is wood with leather covering
- Overall Length: 34.25 Inches
- Blade Length: 27.75 Inches
- Blade Width at Base: 2 Inches
- Grip Length: 4 Inches
- Edge Hardness: 60 Rockwell Score
- Core Hardness: 48-50 Rockwell Score
- Point of Balance: 3 Inches
- Weight: 3 Pounds 13 Ounces
Measurements are approximate.