When the king calls you to defend the kingdom, you don your armour for battle. You wear the Burgundy Steel Helmet on your head. Made from 16 gauge mild steel, this helmet comes in two sizes. It features a traditional sallet design with the flared rear. The flared design helps to protect the back of the neck. Next, the helmet has a ridge down the center. The crest continues onto a decorative plate on the forehead of the helmet. The decorative plate has an inverted scalloped top edge. It has a rolled bottom edge. Then, the helmet features a hinged visor. It forms a point in the middle by continuing the center ridge. The visor sticks out farther forward than the rest of the helmet. On the inside, the helmet has an adjustable padded liner. The Burgundy Steel Helmet makes a great addition to both medieval and Renaissance-inspired reenactment ensembles.
Please note that steel thickness may vary slightly due to the handcrafted methods used in the manufacture of this item.
- Comes in two sizes
- Features typical sallet style
- Has a hinged visor
- Decorative plate on forehead
- Great for reenactments
- Wonderful for a variety of characters
- Made from 16 gauge mild steel
- Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour. When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil.