Warrior, do not forget that your neck is a vulnerable area when you decide to head into battle. Check out the Articulated Gorget with Bevor. Made from 14 gauge mild steel, this late 15th century-style gorget secures with a hinged design. One side has a hook for holding the front in place. This gorget has three plates. One plate covers the upper part of the chest near the neck. It has hammered edging. The bottom edge forms a point in the middle. Near the point, there is a leather strap for attaching it to other pieces of armour, not included. There are three additional straps for the same purpose. One sits on each side and one hangs in the back.
The second plate rises up to protect the neck. It has a point in the middle and a ridge leading upwards from that point. At the top of the gorget is an articulated bevor. The bevor is the third plate. It has ventilation holes on each side of a central ridge. It also features the hammered edges of the bottom of the gorget. The articulated bevor moves up and down. Wear this neck armour to your next historical reenactment. It looks great on a variety of characters.
Please note that steel thickness may vary slightly due to the handcrafted methods used in the manufacture of this item.
- Secures with a hinged design
- Features an articulated bevor
- Straps for attaching other pieces of armour, not included
- Great for reenactments
- Wonderful for a variety of characters
- Made from 14 gauge mild steel
- Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour. When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil.
There are no reviews yet.