The design of the arming sword is so efficient that it even works in miniature! This Arming Dagger is a perfect little reduction of the classic medieval sword that proves how smaller size does not necessarily make a weapon weaker or less useful! All the features of a classic arming sword are present, including a blade that serves well in both cutting and thrusting, as well as a bold, curved guard that provides a solid defense. The blade, forged entirely of 5160 high carbon steel, is dual hardened and features a fuller down its length. Together, these two qualities work in unison to ensure the blades strength and durability as well as its lightness. The mild steel guard has slight upwards-curved quillons that keep the weapon from sliding onto the hands, should the dagger be used defensively. The grip is crafted from wood and wrapped in leather, while the round wheel pommel further enhances the appeal of this functional steel dagger. The blade also features a full-length tang, which is peened to the pommel for strength. A black, leather-wrapped wooden scabbard comes with this dagger for safe blade storage when not in use. Pair this Arming Dagger with our Arming Sword (DS-1313) for a killer combo that your foes will not see coming, or just carry this dagger as your side-arm, either as an axeman or an archer, to ensure that you always have a handy little blade to use when completing your look or equipment kit.
Please be aware that this dagger is hand forged, and as such, its finish and its overall measurements can vary slightly from what is shown here. Also, be aware that this dagger is made to be practical, tough, and hardy, and its finish, being hammered and hand forged, can sometimes feature marks from the forging process.
- Inspired by the form of the arming sword
- A fully functional and extremely hardy dagger
- Steel blade is dual hardened to a Rockwell of 53
- Full-length, peened tang provides immense durability
- Hilt is wrapped in leather for a solid grip
- Includes a leather-wrapped wood scabbard
- Blade is hand forged from 5160 high carbon steel
- Grip and wood scabbard are wrapped in leather
- Total Length: 17.5 Inches
- Blade Length: 12 Inches
- Grip Length: 3.375 Inches
- Point of Balance: Flush with the Guard
- Blade Width (at base): 1.5 Inches
- Weight: 1 lbs. 2 oz.