Do you wish to play music from the medieval world or Renaissance era? If so, make sure that you check out the 8 Course Sheesham Lute. Made from lacewood, this lute has 8 courses. Seven of the courses feature two strings while the final course has a single string for the highest note. The lute has a body of 25 sheesham staves. On top, the soundboard is European spruce. There is an intricately cutout sound hole. It features an ornate geometric design. Next, the fingerboard has eight frets. The neck is sheesham. At the end, the peg box features scrolled detailing. Finally, this lute comes with a black, padded carrying bag. The 8 Course Sheesham Lute is great for anyone who enjoys playing stringed instruments or is interested in medieval and Renaissance music.
Please note that the recommended tuning of the courses is G4, D4/D4, A3/A3, F3/F3, C4/C3, G3/G2, F3/F2, D3/D2.
- Has eight courses
- Features eight frets
- Intricately carved sound hole
- Includes carrying bag
- Great for medieval and Renaissance music enthusiasts
- Back, neck, tuning pegs, and peg box are sheesham
- Soundboard is European spruce
- Do not tune higher than G above middle C. If pegs slip use peg dope or wax-less chalk to increase friction. Avoid extreme temperatures, extremely dry conditions, and direct sunlight. Use a dry soft cloth for cleaning. Changing strings every 3-4 months is recommended.
- Overall Length: 30 Inches
- Body Length: 17.5 Inches
- Height: 6.5 Inches
- Width: 12.3 Inches
- Scale Length: 23.6 Inches
- Neck Width at Body Joint: 2.8 Inches Inches
- Neck Width at Nut: 3.9 Inches
- Nut Width: 2.8 Inches
- Strings Width at Nut: 2.4 Inches
- Strings Width at Bridge: 4 Inches
- Weight: 2.1 Pounds
Measurements are approximate.