An effective method of protection, medieval gorgets were used extensively for guarding the neck region. The 16th Century Gorget features a protruding neck ring and a wide collar marked with decorative round bumps around the edges. Gorgets were regularly used as the only plate armour during the 16th and 17th centuries, and they were sometimes used as a demonstration of status. Complete your 1600s soldier ensemble with this steel gorget. The neck armour uses a rivet closure.
Please note that steel thickness may vary slightly due to the handcrafted methods used in the manufacture of this item.
- Fastens with a rivet closure
- Features 16th to 17th century design
- Offers excellent protection to neck
- Great for LARP and re-enactment use
- Made from 16 gauge steel
- Neck Opening: 23 Inch Circumference