Smart warriors know that their hands are vulnerable in sword fighting. Make sure that your hands are protected with the 15th Century Steel Gauntlets. Made from 16 gauge mild steel, these mitten gauntlets come as a pair. They feature a multiple plate design with removable leather glove inserts. First, there is a large plate that covers the wrist in the front and back.
Next, six plates overlap each other to cover the fingers. These plates attach to the main wrist plate. Rivets attach the finger plates together. There are two leather straps on the underside of these plates. The leather inserts slide through these straps to move the finger plates. On the thumb of the leather glove, there are five, small overlapping plates. These plates attach solely to the glove. This allows protection for the thumb as well as the ability to remove the glove inserts from the steel gauntlets. The 15th Century Steel Gauntlets are a great option for reenactments and Renaissance faires.
As this item is crafted by hand, slight variations in color and detail may occur.
- Fully removable glove inserts
- Overlapping plate design
- Straps for moving the plates
- Protects the hands from attacks
- Great for historical reenactments
- Made from 16 gauge mild steel and leather
- To properly maintain your steel armour, always keep the metal pieces away from water and lightly oiled to prevent rusting. Occasionally clean the armour with metal polish and re-oil them. Use leather care products to maintain the leather gloves.
- Overall Length: 12 Inches
- Palm Width: 5 Inches
- Wrist Armour Circumference: 21 Inches
- Glove at Wrist: 10 Inches
There are no reviews yet.