Warrior, take to the battlefield. You have donned your armour and the 15th Century Open Sallet to protect yourself in battle. Made from 16 gauge mild steel, this helmet comes in one size. The helmet features a traditional sallet design with the flared rear. The flared design helps to protect the back of the neck. This handcrafted helmet sports a slight ridge down the center of its rounded skull. Rivets encircle the crown of this steel helmet. In front, the helmet has a rounded opening for great visibility. The helmet secures onto the head with a leather chin strap. Top off your armoured outfit with the 15th Century Open Sallet. It makes a great addition to both medieval and Renaissance-inspired reenactment ensembles.
Please note that steel thickness may vary slightly due to the handcrafted methods used in the manufacture of this item.
- Open front for greater visibility
- Flared rear to protect the back of the neck
- Secures with a chin strap
- Great for reenactments
- Wonderful for a variety of characters
- Made from 16 gauge mild steel
- Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour. When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil.