Take to the battlefield, brave warrior. You have protected yourself from an enemy attack by wearing the 15th Century German Gorget. Made from 16 gauge mild steel, this gorget secures with straps in the back. This gorget has four plates. One plate covers the upper part of the chest near the neck. It has hammered edging. The bottom edge has an inverted scalloped edge. Two grooves form V-shapes point downward towards the central point. At the point, there is a leather strap for attaching it to other pieces of armour, not included.
The second plate helps to protect the neck with the third plate at the top. The third plate has a point in the middle and a ridge leading upwards from that point. At the top of the gorget is an articulated fourth plate. It has hammered edges and a central ridge. The articulated plate moves downwards. Rivets secure the plates together at the sides. Wear the 15th Century German Gorget to your next historical reenactment. It looks great on a variety of characters.
Please note that steel thickness may vary slightly due to the handcrafted methods used in the manufacture of this item.
- Secures with straps
- Features an articulated plate
- Strap for attaching other pieces of armour, not included
- Great for reenactments
- Wonderful for a variety of characters
- Made from 16 gauge mild steel
- Occasional oiling is necessary for the proper maintenance of this armour. When storing this armour, protect it from oxidation by coating it with machine oil.