The commonly perpetuated view of Vikings and their weapons being simplistic, utilitarian, and plain is instantly disproved by this 11th Century Viking Sword with Scabbard and Belt, which is ornate and intricate in its design, as well as hardy and strong. This beautiful blade is modeled after a Viking sword of the 11th century, found on an archaeological dig in Finland, and now displayed in a museum in Helsinki. The blade is dual hardened and forged from 5160 high carbon steel. It features a gradual profile taper, which provides an effective cutting edge and a sharp yet broad point for stabbing attacks. The deep fuller on the blade is also a classic element of Viking sword design. The narrow guard and distinctive pommel are both crafted in cast bronze and richly detailed with Viking knotwork, depicting dragons and various other designs that make this sword truly stand out as a work of historical art. The grip, designed for one-handed use, is built around the swords full-length tang and is peened at the pommel. It consists of wood and leather wrappings for a comfortable hold. Included with the sword is a matching wood scabbard with leather wrapping, as well as an attached sword belt. Of course, this sword is no shelf sitter but instead a fully functional sword, so much so that you can take this 11th Century Viking Sword with Scabbard off the rack and use it for cutting, fighting, training, and more, all without having to worry too much about harming the stunning designs on its fittings.
Please be aware that this sword is hand forged, and as such, its finish and its overall measurements can vary slightly from what is shown here. Also, be aware that this sword is made to be practical, tough, and hardy, and its finish, being hammered and hand forged, can sometimes feature marks from the forging process.
- A fully functional and extremely hardy sword
- Based on a historic Viking sword from the 11th century
- Steel is dual hardened
- Full-length, peened tang provides immense durability
- Guard is made from finely detailed bronze metal
- Hilt is wrapped in leather for a solid grip
- Includes a leather-wrapped wood scabbard
- Blade is hand forged from 5160 high carbon steel
- Grip and wooden scabbard are wrapped in leather
- Total Length: 36 Inches
- Blade Length: 30 Inches
- Grip Length: 3.75 Inches
- Point of Balance: 5.75 Inches from Guard
- Blade Width (at base): 2 Inches
- Blade Thickness: 0.06 Inch
- Edge Hardness: 60 HRc
- Core Hardness: 50 HRc
- Weight: 3 Pounds 13 Ounces
There are no reviews yet.